A vacancy has arisen in our central Ripon office for a part-time Graphic and WordPress Website Designer to join our small, but swiftly growing, team.
Our creative and passionate Graphic Designer will form an intrinsic part of our team. They will be a flexible and friendly team player with good negotiation skills. They will be confident and able to relate to clients and colleagues at all levels. They will have excellent time management skills, an eye for detail, and will be open to constructive criticism of designs and willing to make changes accordingly.
Working on a variety of projects, the ideal candidate will be confident in the following areas:
- Logo design
- Creation of brand guidelines and adhering closely to those already created
- Design and creation of branded stationery, flyers, brochures, pdfs, catalogues
- Design and management of html mailshot files
- Design and production of wordpress websites
- Font use and sourcing
- Understanding of SEO
- Liaison with printers and collateral creators – obtaining quotes and managing processes through to delivery
- Creation of copy for web and print, and proofreading of client copy
- The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as a head for figures (to manage budgets effectively)
- They will be well educated, ideally to degree level in a related subject
- They will be able to work under pressure and sometimes to tight deadlines
- They will be able to translate a variety of client requirements and suggest the best solutions to their challenges.
- They will be able to work across numerous projects and varied clients at the same time and prioritise their work well
- They will be well organised, and able to immediately produce reports of progress of specific tasks when requested
- They will be able to accurately estimate the time required for specific tasks and deliver accordingly
- They will be able to work across a variety of platforms and understand the production of files across numerous applications
- They will be creative, professional and knowledgeable of up to date industry software
- They must be likeable whilst professional, in order to work closely with colleagues as well as printers, copywriters, photographers, videographers etc.
- A number of years’ experience in a graphic design role would be advantageous
How to apply
In the first instance, send your CV and covering letter, together with preferred salary and ideal hours (min 15 per week) to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating where you saw this job description and what particularly attracted you to the role.
Golden Frog is an equal opportunities employer, however candidates should note that our offices are unfortunately not suitable for wheelchair users.