An excellent way of ensuring a business is recognised for their innovation, team work or customer care is to partake in prestigious award ceremonies or certifications of excellence.
The team at Golden Frog have worked with many clients to write original and outstanding applications for these kinds of accolades, and we would like to share some hints and tips to help others get the most from their applications.
- Focus on your USP. By focusing on how unique, innovative or impressive your service or product is, board members and decision makers are able to distinguish your company from others, and their attention is drawn to the company’s specialism.
- Keep it specific. It is easy to write for hours and hours about a topic you’re passionate about, however, when it comes to writing awards, you must be succinct. The board members receiving the awards will no-doubt get hundreds (if not thousands) of entries and will be looking to try and make quick decisions about each entry. Keep your entries short, informative and avoid repetition where possible.
- Have a look at past winners. Regardless of which awards you’re going for, look at the innovations and pioneers from previous years – do you compete? By observing winners and shortlisted entries from previous years, you can see any common-threads that appear across multiple entries and can mimic this style of writing or focal point in your own entry.
- Demonstrate the benefits. We Brits can often be bashful about our achievements; however, awards writing is not the place for modesty. To really stand a chance at winning an award – explain all the amazing elements about your products or service – shout them from the rooftops!
- If at first you don’t succeed…don’t worry! If you aren’t successful the first time around – the competition is strong and the application process is a learning curve; get out there and find more awards, and there’s always next year.
Here at Golden Frog PR in Ripon, near Harrogate – North Yorkshire, we help clients to be recognised for a range of things, including innovations, sustainability and team efforts.
If you need a helping hand don’t hesitate in contacting the team: